Recipe: Perfect Whole wheat murukku nuruku

Whole wheat murukku nuruku. Check Out Wheat Whole On eBay. The flour should be completed covered by the cloth. Great recipe for Whole wheat murukku nuruku. #muruku #nuruku #chakli #chips #aashirvaad Very simple chakli recipe with whole wheat atta.

Whole wheat murukku nuruku Yes this murukku is made using atta flour / chapathi flour….the recipe is more like how I made my maida murukku. Once steamed, wheat flour loses its elasticity and becomes more like rice flour in texture which is perfect. This recipe uses only whole wheat as it's main ingredient. You can have Whole wheat murukku nuruku using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.

Ingredients of Whole wheat murukku nuruku

  1. You need of when wheat atta.
  2. You need of Water for kneading.
  3. It's of Butter.
  4. Prepare of Ajwain.
  5. Prepare of Jeera.
  6. You need of Black Sesame seeds (optional).
  7. Prepare of Turmeric powder.
  8. Prepare of Salt.
  9. Prepare of Red chilli powder (optional)as per the spice requirement.
  10. Prepare of Oil for frying.

There is absolutely no difference in taste as well when compared to the murukku made with traditional ingredients. I came across this recipe on the net and instantly decided to try it. Yes, one of my friend is expecting a baby, so I had to make her happy by feeding some delicious food. Which I usually do for most expecting moms that are near and dear to me.

Whole wheat murukku nuruku instructions

  1. First of all take the atta and keep it in a cloth and put a knot on it so that it doesn't come out.. Whole wheat murukku nuruku
    Whole wheat murukku nuruku
  2. Now steam the atta in a pressure pan for 5 to 7 minutes. Once cool open the cloth. The atta will be have formed very hard. Break the lumps.
  3. Now add all dry ingredients along with butter and mix well.
  4. Add water little by little and form a dough out of it not so stiff..
  5. Knead the dough well.
  6. Now take the chakli maker with the star shape. Make a cylinder with the dough and insert it inside the chakli maker..
  7. Different types of chakli makers are available online as well as in the market. I have the brass twisting one. Before inserting the dough wipe some oil inside of the chakli maker so that no dough is sticked back..
  8. Twist it and here comes the chakli. Here I have cut it into small pieces. Rotate it and you can get round chaklis..
  9. Take a kadai pour enough oil to deep fry. Once the oil is heated fry the chakli pieces in medium heat in batches. The gas has to be in medium so as the inner and outside of the chakli is cooked uniformly and turns out to be crispy..
  10. Once the colour changes to golden brown take out the chaklis.. and wait for them to cool..
  11. Yes!!! Crispy murruku murruku is ready after a waiting period of 10 minutes..

Wheat flour murukku recipe was given to me by my MIL, through a TV show. When I was telling about the maida seedai I made during Gokulashtami, MIL said we can even make murukku same way with wheat flour. Actually I had maida murukku in my mind to try sometime, but when I heard same way we can make murukku with wheat flour as well, I was double happy to try. Atleast the maida is replaced with. Now take your murukku press and put your favorite achu inside it.

Comments